Boost Your Immune System to Beat the Blues & Avoid Illness
Would you be interested in a few timely tips that will help to boost your immune system and help you ward off depression and illness?
Does Your Immune System Affect Your Health?
Sure it does! your immune system is what works to keep you from getting sick and safeguards your health---both physical and mental. This is probably never more important as when winter, the cold and flu season, is right around the corner. But as important as it is to rev up your Immune System so that it can keep your physical health up to par; you should be aware that the dreary days of winter cause depression in a lot of people and that having a healthy Immune System can help to beat the blues.
Factors That Affect Immunity
There are several factors that can affect your immunity and compromise your Immune System. Here are a few that can have an adverse effect on your natural immunity and leave you more susceptible to illness, as well as depression:
- Stress---There have been hundreds of medical studies done that show conclusively how stress weakens the Immune System. If you are prone to depression, you should try to avoid stressful situations as much as possible and learn not to sweat the small stuff.
- Sleep Deprivation---You may think that you can “get by” on a very few hours of sleep every night, but your body and your Immune System probably don't agree with you. Research has shown that lack of sleep weakens the Immune System. So, get to bed at a reasonable hour whenever possible and make sure you get enough of those healthy ZZZs.
- Exercise---You don't have to run a marathon every day, but studies have shown that even moderate exercise helps boost your Immune System and fight depression.
- Healthy Diet---Eating the right foods and making sure to avoid refined, over processed sugars and grains will help to keep your Immune System in fighting trim. Avoid too much caffeine, drink lots of water and include plenty of protein in your diet.
- Sunshine---The late John Denver sang that “sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy.” Actually, that is literally true. Sunshine and its natural dose of Vitamin D can help to beat the winter blues. Just 10 minutes of sunshine a day can strengthen your Immune System and keep depression at bay.
There is a depression that is more or less tied to winter time known as SAD, or Seasonal Affective Disorder. It is not at all uncommon and thousands of people suffer from it around the world. Scientists believe that SAD is caused by the dark, gloomy days of winter that cause the human body to produce too much melatonin, a hormone that we produce during hours of darkness. Women are more at risk for SAD, as are those who live further from the equator; either north or south. Sunshine or even bright light can help you if you have this condition and can also help to prevent it.
Use these tips to keep your Immune System up to par and avoid depression, colds and flu this winter!
Boost your Immune System with Ganoderma >>>